Welcome back to another Self Care Sunday!
Previously, we discussed the benefits of chia seeds, and I gave you a chia energy drink recipe. Many of you have also watched us eat chia pudding for breakfast in some of our videos and have asked for that recipe, which I am giving you today. I am not a real stickler when it comes to exact measurements, in fact, I don’t think I have ever met a recipe that I follow precisely. So, don’t let it alarm you when I say that you don’t need to be exact.
Just like the energy drink, you need to make the pudding ahead of time, so that the seeds have ample time to soak up the liquid and form their juicy, gelatinous orbs. Maybe jewels sounds more appetizing than orbs? You choose for yourself!
chia pudding recipe (no need to be exact)
Makes about 4 servings.
- 1/4 C of chia seeds
- 1 can Full Fat coconut milk
- 1/2 C filtered water (by filtered, I mean purified with a Berkey)
- Toppings of Your Choice: cocoa powder (mix in), coconut flakes, berries, cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla (mix in), elderberry syrup
- Whisk together the chia seeds and the can of coconut milk.
- Add the water to the mix and whisk again.
- Allow to sit on the counter for 10 minutes or so, and then whisk well again.
- Place in the refrigerator over night.
- In the morning, add more water if needed to make it the consistency you want and whisk well.
- Pour some in to a bowl, and add flavor with any combination of toppings from above or of your own choosing.
If you missed last week’s Self Care Sunday, click here to learn how we purify water on the road and in our home.